ADAPTIVE PROGRAM AND PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT
Certification: ICAgile accredited course: The ICP-PPM Certification from ICAgile, is granted on the successful completion of this course. This certification is part of the ICAgile Product Ownership Track along with our Agile Fundamentals and Agile Product Ownership or The Agile Business Analyst courses.The ICP-EPO Certification from ICAgile is also granted on completion of this course.
Prerequisites: This course builds on your existing knowledge of Agile. You must have a foundation knowledge of Agile and an understanding of the Agile Product Owner roles and responsibilities. Audience: Those at the strategic level in an organisation who need to make decisions about selecting and funding initiatives. Portfolio Managers, Program Managers, Project Managers, Product Managers, Product Owners, Product Champions or anyone in the role of Agile Customer.
How do you decide which initiatives to invest in, how much to invest, and when to stop investing? In today’s fast-paced business environment there is a need for an adaptive, responsive approach to managing the pipeline of work to be done, constantly measuring the investment against the potential and actual returns and rapidly changing direction without disrupting the flow of the organisation.
Our Adaptive Program and Portfolio Management course looks at enterprise value management in the context of portfolios and programs – how do we ensure the organisation’s resources are being spent in the most effective way, that people are doing things that are of the most importance to the organisation, and that interwoven streams of work are delivered successfully?
This dual accredited course draws on ideas from the latest thinking, blends these with tried and proven techniques and will provide you with tools and techniques to ensure you are able to help maximise value returned to your organisation.
By the end of this course you will be able to understand:
- The roles and responsibilities involved in portfolio management
- A variety of techniques for identifying value in an initiative
- Ways to identify metrics that matter to help make effective investment decisions
- How to align outcomes from an initiative with organisational strategy, and how strategy needs to be adaptive
- How to build a value model to help guide investment decisions
- How to visualise and present a portfolio using portfolio Kanban
- Ways of measuring progress and value delivered in an initiative
- When and how to adapt the flow of work, knowing when to invest more, when to pause and when to stop
- The impact that portfolio decisions have and how they are propagated to the delivery teams
- A variety of options for scaling to larger initiatives, how to structure teams and programs for the most effective throughput and value delivery
- Why enterprise value management
- Teams, teamwork and structures
- Defining value
- Frameworks, portfolios, programs and initiatives
- Building an adaptive portfolio
- Building a value model
- Rethinking the PMO as a value delivery office
- Scaling inside a program
- Strategy and alignment
- Identifying value
- Understanding the cost of delay
- Metrics that matter
- Governance with a light touch
- Producing a roadmap
- Funding models
- Making value visible – portfolio Kanban
- Lean start-up
- Learning and adapting
- The need for innovation
- Lead the shift incrementally