AGILE PRODUCT OWNERSHIP
Certification: ICAgile accredited course: The ICP-BVA Certification from ICAgile is granted on the successful completion of this course. This certification is part of the ICAgile Product Ownership Track along with our Agile Fundamentals and Adaptive Program and Portfolio Management courses. We offer the complete ICAgile Product Ownership Track for those looking to become an ICAgile Certified Expert in Product Ownership (ICE-PO).
Prerequisites: You will need to have completed formal Agile training such as our Agile Fundamentals course. You also need to understand your organisation’s product development process and to have mastered the skill of building user stories in order to get the maximum benefit from this course. Audience: Those filling the roles of: Product Managers, Product Owners, Product Champions, Agile Customers, Subject Matter Experts. And those that form part of the extended team of people supporting the Product Owner including: Technical Architects, UX Designers, Business Analysts, Specialist Testers, Auditors.
How do we ensure that the right product is built in the right way to most effectively solve the right business problem? To answer this question, Product Owners need clarity of vision, alignment with organisational strategy, an understanding of the development process and the ability to communicate with a wide variety of stakeholders.
Through our Agile Product Ownership course, you will gain the techniques and tools to enable you to become an effective Product Owner who is equipped to guide product development, and lead product ownership teams. Our course focuses business value, the leadership needed to ensure product fit, and how these practices work in an Agile development process. You will also cover value management, and how collaboration is so important to identify the most important aspects and features of a product.
By the end of this course you will be able to understand:
- The roles and responsibilities involved in product ownership
- How to help identify which products should be built to maximise business value using tools such as purpose alignment model, Kano analysis, value stream mapping
- How to build a product roadmap and link that to business outcomes
- How to use personas and product design workshops to help define features and quality goals for building a product roadmap
- The shape of a well-formed backlog and how to populate it progressively
- Techniques such as story mapping, prioritisation and backlog grooming to build a release plan
- How to use paper prototyping and usability heuristics to guide the design of the product
- Stories for development on a just-in-time basis while ensuring the design principles and architectural guidelines are adhered to
- The product owner role
- The value management team
- The product development lifecycle
- Product roadmap
- Design workshops
- Story maps
- Backlog grooming
- Story splitting
- Story elaboration
- Frequent releases
- Successful closure