Agile Fundamentals Training Training CourseThis ICAgile Accredited 3 - days course will teach you all about agile tools & agile user stories to run a successful agile project.
In order to succeed with agile, teams and organizations should focus first on “being agile” as a foundation for success in “doing agile.” This track’s learning objectives delve in to key concepts such as adaptive planning, value-driven development, progressive elaboration and frequent feedback for continuous improvement. It also covers the history of agile, the agile manifesto, principles, and most widely applied frameworks and practices. Students come away with a solid understanding of agile approaches as they prepare to embark on their agile journey.
- Understand the background to participating in an Agile project.
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of a typical Agile project team.
- Understand the various tools available to Agile teams to facilitate the project.
- Understand how Agile teams cooperate and collaborate to deliver business value.
- Understand the important interpersonal skills Agile environments encourage and foster.
- Understand how discipline and standards contribute to Agility.
- The genesis of Agile – where these approaches came from and why they work.
- The Agile lifecycle and iterations.
- Roles on an Agile project.
- The phases of an Agile project.
- Project initiation activities – making sure we start right, focus on value and build the right product.
- User Stories:
- What’s a story?
- How big is a story?
- Identifying stories.
- Characteristics and content of stories.
- What does “Done, Done, DONE” mean?
- Quality stories.
- Stories and Epics.
- Estimating from stories.
- Release planning.
- Acceptance tests and verifying stories.
- Elaborating stories to be useful without wasting time or effort.
- Agile tools – big visible charts, things on walls, velocity, burn-up and burn-down.
- The “pulse” of an Agile project:
- Iteration planning.
- Collaborative work.
- Make flow visible with the story wall.
- Daily stand up.
- Agile without iterations – Kanban flow.
- Supporting tools.
- Testing on Agile projects.
- Design and development practices in an Agile setting – TDD, continuous integration, refactoring, pair programming, simple design.
- Project leadership roles and responsibilities, how to nurture self-organisation.
- Working effectively in empowered teams.
- Listening and collaboration skills.
- Dealing with issues and conflict in the team.
After completion of this 3-days course, you will receive an International Certification by ICAgile for: ICP
News And Information
Dynamic Technologies, among South Africa’s premiere software and services organisations, has acquired IndigoCube. IndigoCube is a specialist innovation and software business that develops skills, transforms processes, and provides the world’s best technologies to...
It's clever and scrutinises your every move By Tallen Harmsen, head of cyber security at IndigoCube Integration projects can be a painful experience. But none quite let the terms of endearment ring out like an identity access management (IAM) integration project. It’s...
Connecting people to the data makes the difference By Tallen Harmsen, head of cyber security at IndigoCube News reports suggest that South Africa lost around R100 billion to corruption and state capture in the past few years. President Cyril Ramaphosa has stated he’s...
Learn More About Our Training Academy
Want to find out more about our solutions and academy services and how we can help you with your digital transformation journey?