Agile Testing Training CourseThis two day course will enable you to work effectively as a professional tester in an Agile project.
This two day course will enable you to work effectively as a professional tester in an Agile project. It is for professionals who are starting to implement Agile methods or are currently working in an Agile team. Through this course you’ll gain a solid grounding in how testing is implemented in Agile environments. This includes how testers fit in with the agile development process; what skills are required and how testers support other agile team members.
You will cover the philosophy, values, principles and background of the Agile methodology and look at the flow, the processes and the environments relevant to testing so that you have an overall understanding of quality and testing in the Agile world. You will also discover the tools and techniques used in delivering quality and be given a structure for defining quality to ensure the project delivers the right product, at the right time, for the right customer. Key to your Agile appreciation will be learning about collaborative techniques such as Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD) Behaviour Driven Development (BDD) and Test Driven Development (TDD). You’ll also fine-tune your exploratory testing skills and learn to adapt and enhance your existing skills to fit in with this exciting new environment.
If you’ve ever questioned how your role would change, or needed to understand the expectations of your output on an Agile project, then this course will provide you with the best tips and guidelines to be a successful and effective member of an Agile team.
- understanding the background to testing in an Agile project
- understanding the definition of quality in an Agile project
- understanding the roles and responsibilities of a typical Agile testing team
- adapting existing testing experience and knowledge to Agile values and principles
- supporting the Agile team in planning test-related activities
- applying relevant methods and techniques for testing in Agile projects
- assisting the Agile team in test automation activities
- assisting the business stakeholder in defining understandable and testable user stories, scenarios, requirements and acceptance criteria as appropriate
- working and sharing information with other team members using effective communication styles and channels
- understanding how Agile teams cooperate and collaborate to deliver quality solutions
- understanding the collaboration required for quality solutions
- understanding the roles and responsibilities of all team members in building quality solutions
- understanding how to plan, perform and discuss quality and testing in the Agile team
- understanding how discipline and standards contribute to Agility
- understanding how to set up testing for success in an Agile team
- The Agile culture and mindset
- The Agile lifecycle and iterations
- Roles and responsibilities within an Agile team
- Agile testing components
- Agile testing approaches
- Working with distributed teams
- Categories/Types of testing
- Feature and story testing
- Example driven development
- Automation in the Agile team
- Test Strategies and Test Planning
- Project/release level
- Iteration level
- Story level
- Successful delivery
- Environments and Infrastructure
- Environment configurations
- Tool set up and usage
- Agile testing tools – big visible charts, things on walls, scope, definition of done
- Exploratory testing and supporting tools
- Working effectively in cross skilled teams
- Dealing with issues and feedback in the team
ISTQB certified course
This course prepares you for the ISTQB Foundation Level Extension – Agile Tester exam (CTFL-AT). Kindly contact SASTQB to schedule the exam.
ICAgile accredited course
The ICP-TST Certification from ICAgile, is granted on the successful completion of this course. This certification is part of the ICAgile Agile Testing Track along with our Agile Fundamentals and Agile Test Automation courses.
News And Information
Dynamic Technologies, among South Africa’s premiere software and services organisations, has acquired IndigoCube. IndigoCube is a specialist innovation and software business that develops skills, transforms processes, and provides the world’s best technologies to...
It's clever and scrutinises your every move By Tallen Harmsen, head of cyber security at IndigoCube Integration projects can be a painful experience. But none quite let the terms of endearment ring out like an identity access management (IAM) integration project. It’s...
Connecting people to the data makes the difference By Tallen Harmsen, head of cyber security at IndigoCube News reports suggest that South Africa lost around R100 billion to corruption and state capture in the past few years. President Cyril Ramaphosa has stated he’s...
Learn More About Our Training Academy
Want to find out more about our solutions and academy services and how we can help you with your digital transformation journey?