Applied Exploratory Testing Training CourseWhen using experience based techniques a lot of testers focus on just "getting the testing done", starting the testing effort without consideration of what to test and when.
When using experience based techniques a lot of testers focus on just “getting the testing done”, starting the testing effort without consideration of what to test and when. Exploratory Testing is not an excuse to not document, cut corners, or “just follow your nose”. It is a structured, disciplined and advanced technique. When using an Exploratory Testing approach it becomes even more critical to plan and prepare the team to ensure the testing is effective and efficient.
This course shows how Exploratory Testing techniques can be used to maximise the return on investment from the test team. It introduces planning, key techniques, tracking, tools and reporting with reference to Exploratory Testing. Various types of test approaches are explored. Participants will learn how these can be used to focus their testing and maximise the testing efficiency of the team. Participants will learn about tours, checklists, test charters and other exploratory test techniques in a hands-on and practical day of testing.
- By the end of the course, participants will understand the fundamentals of how to plan and structure an effective and efficient approach to Exploratory Testing.
- They will understand the important factors to be considered in the planning of Exploratory Testing and the key techniques and tools that can be used
- Plan Exploratory Testing sessions
- Defining the test charter
- Learning how to think like an Exploratory Tester
- Understanding system attributes
- Understanding what elements to look for
- Using Mnemonics and Heuristics
- Setting up and taking tours of the solution
- Using checklists
- Using tools to assist with Exploratory Testing
- Generating and reporting meaningful results
Length : 1 day
Certification : None.
Audience : Anyone who is interested in using Exploratory Testing.
Prerequisites : Need to have a basic understanding of Testing.
News And Information
Dynamic Technologies, among South Africa’s premiere software and services organisations, has acquired IndigoCube. IndigoCube is a specialist innovation and software business that develops skills, transforms processes, and provides the world’s best technologies to...
It's clever and scrutinises your every move By Tallen Harmsen, head of cyber security at IndigoCube Integration projects can be a painful experience. But none quite let the terms of endearment ring out like an identity access management (IAM) integration project. It’s...
Connecting people to the data makes the difference By Tallen Harmsen, head of cyber security at IndigoCube News reports suggest that South Africa lost around R100 billion to corruption and state capture in the past few years. President Cyril Ramaphosa has stated he’s...
Learn More About Our Training Academy
Want to find out more about our solutions and academy services and how we can help you with your digital transformation journey?