Applied Exploratory Testing Training CourseWhen using experience based techniques a lot of testers focus on just "getting the testing done", starting the testing effort without consideration of what to test and when.
When using experience based techniques a lot of testers focus on just “getting the testing done”, starting the testing effort without consideration of what to test and when. Exploratory Testing is not an excuse to not document, cut corners, or “just follow your nose”. It is a structured, disciplined and advanced technique. When using an Exploratory Testing approach it becomes even more critical to plan and prepare the team to ensure the testing is effective and efficient.
This course shows how Exploratory Testing techniques can be used to maximise the return on investment from the test team. It introduces planning, key techniques, tracking, tools and reporting with reference to Exploratory Testing. Various types of test approaches are explored. Participants will learn how these can be used to focus their testing and maximise the testing efficiency of the team. Participants will learn about tours, checklists, test charters and other exploratory test techniques in a hands-on and practical day of testing.
- By the end of the course, participants will understand the fundamentals of how to plan and structure an effective and efficient approach to Exploratory Testing.
- They will understand the important factors to be considered in the planning of Exploratory Testing and the key techniques and tools that can be used
- Plan Exploratory Testing sessions
- Defining the test charter
- Learning how to think like an Exploratory Tester
- Understanding system attributes
- Understanding what elements to look for
- Using Mnemonics and Heuristics
- Setting up and taking tours of the solution
- Using checklists
- Using tools to assist with Exploratory Testing
- Generating and reporting meaningful results
Length : 1 day
Certification : None.
Audience : Anyone who is interested in using Exploratory Testing.
Prerequisites : Need to have a basic understanding of Testing.
News And Information
People are just nuts for digital which, based on popular usage, could be almost anything from apps to business systems. And you can see why. Digital is the reason why companies derive what just a few years ago would have been fantastic efficiencies and...
The problem with fads in business, particularly technology fads, is that they often catch us out. As CEOs we’re often left asking some tough questions while people scramble to answer us. And we’re being pressured by the board, investors, shareholders, and...
It’s tough just to stay in touch with the rapid changes sweeping through almost every sector of business today. It’s nearly impossible to be one of the unicorns, the Ubers, Spotifys, Googles and Facebooks of the world. While most customers, investors,...
Learn More About Our Training Academy
Want to find out more about our solutions and academy services and how we can help you with your digital transformation journey?