Disciplined Agile in a Nutshell Training CourseDisciplined Agile (DA) is unlike any other framework, because it’s based on empiricism, industry data and adoption of proven practices.
Agile transformation is hard because cultural change is hard. It’s not one problem that needs to be solved, but a series of hundreds decisions affecting lots of people over a long period of time that affects relationships, processes, and even the state of mind of those working within the change.
Disciplined Agile (DA) is unlike any other framework, because it’s based on empiricism, industry data and adoption of proven practices. The result is a huge wealth of structured information that allows you to map your challenges into a tree structure of proven strategies that other people have found to work in practice. In effect you can apply the DA framework to identify process improvements that reflect the actual situations faced by your teams.
This workshop focuses on how to apply the DA framework to deliver sophisticated agile solutions in the enterprise. The DA framework builds on the existing proven practices from agile methods such as Scrum, Extreme Programming (XP), Lean software development, Unified Process, and Agile Modeling to include other aspects necessary for success in enterprise-class settings. Filling in the gaps left by mainstream methods, DA provides guidance on how to effectively plan and kick-start complex projects as well as how to apply a full lifecycle approach, with lightweight milestones, effective metrics, and agile governance.
This one-day workshop is not technical and is suitable for all team members. Group exercises reinforce the principles learned. The workshop is valuable for anyone who wants to understand how agile solution delivery works from end-to-end or anyone tasked with moving from traditional approaches to agile, particularly in enterprise settings.
- Discover how agile solution delivery works in enterprise-class settings
- Learn how to avoid costly “agile beginner mistakes” by starting with a full delivery lifecycle
- Learn how all aspects of software delivery – architecture, design, testing, programming, leadership, quality assurance, data administration – come together in a cohesive whole
- Discover how to tailor your agile process to reflect the actual situation you find yourself in
- Learn how people in traditional roles can transition into an agile team
- Introduction to Disciplined Agile (DA): Learn about the four delivery lifecycles supported by DA; how DA is a hybrid that shows how proven practices from a range of sources fits together; how to take a flexible, non-prescriptive approach to agile development; the importance of being enterprise aware.
- Disciplined Agile roles: Team Lead (Scrum Master), Product Owner, Architecture Owner, Team Member, Stakeholder + five more optional scaling roles.
- Inception Phase: Covers key activities for initiating a DA team, including initial requirements modelling, initial architecture modelling, initial release planning, strategies for your physical and virtual work environments, initial risk identification, and driving to a shared vision with your stakeholders.
- Construction Phase: Describes many technical strategies for building consumable increments of your solution, including test-driven development (TDD), acceptance TDD, how to initiate an iteration/sprint, look-ahead modelling and planning, spikes, regular coordination meetings, continuous integration, continuous deployment, whole-team testing, parallel independent testing, information radiators, Kanban boards, burn up charts, and many more. In this module we also look at agile construction from a traditional point of view, showing how activities such as architecture, analysis, design, testing, management, and user experience (UX) are addressed all the way through the lifecycle.
- Transition Phase: Overviews strategies for releasing the solution to your stakeholders.
- Summarizing the Workshop: A Retrospective
News And Information
Dynamic Technologies, among South Africa’s premiere software and services organisations, has acquired IndigoCube. IndigoCube is a specialist innovation and software business that develops skills, transforms processes, and provides the world’s best technologies to...
It's clever and scrutinises your every move By Tallen Harmsen, head of cyber security at IndigoCube Integration projects can be a painful experience. But none quite let the terms of endearment ring out like an identity access management (IAM) integration project. It’s...
Connecting people to the data makes the difference By Tallen Harmsen, head of cyber security at IndigoCube News reports suggest that South Africa lost around R100 billion to corruption and state capture in the past few years. President Cyril Ramaphosa has stated he’s...
Learn More About Our Training Academy
Want to find out more about our solutions and academy services and how we can help you with your digital transformation journey?