SAFe Product Manager/Product Owner Training CourseIn this two-day course, you will learn how the roles of Product Manager, Product Owner, Solution Manager, and Epic Owner drive the delivery of value in the SAFe enterprise.
In this two-day course, you will learn how the roles of Product Manager, Product Owner, Solution Manager, and Epic Owner drive the delivery of value in the SAFe enterprise. You’ll get an overview of the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®), the Lean-Agile mindset, and an understanding of how the Product Manager and Product Owner roles operate in the enterprise to drive the delivery of value. Finally, you will get an in-depth understanding of the specific activities, tools, and mechanics used to effectively deliver value to the enterprise. By the end of this course, you should be able to write Epics, Capabilities, Features, and User Stories within the context of SAFe, and have a solid foundation for managing backlogs and programs in a Lean-Agile enterprise.
By the end of this course, attendees will be able to:
- Identify the major components of the Scaled Agile Framework
- Connect the Scaled Agile Framework to core Lean-Agile principles and values
- Identify key roles and responsibilities within a SAFe implementation
- Contribute to Portfolio content using epics and the Portfolio kanban
- Apply Value Stream strategies to define and manage solution value
- Engage in Product Manager strategies
- Operate as a SAFe Product Owner
- Develop a stakeholder engagement plan
- Build and grow communities of practice
- SAFe 4.0 PM/PO Introduction
- Embracing the Lean-Agile mindset
- Exploring Product Manger and Product Owner roles
- Contributing to Portfolio content
- Defining and managing solution value
- Being an effective SAFe Product Manager
- Being an effective SAFe Product Owner
- Engaging stakeholders
- Building your Communities of Practice
SAFe Certification Kit
- A SAFe PM/PO certificate
- One-year certified membership as a SAFe PM/PO
- A SAFe PM/PO branding kit with the PMPO certification mark
- New Product Owners in an Agile Release Train
- Note: Scrum Masters, Product Managers and other stakeholders often attend
- Class size can be 5 to12 attendees on a new Agile Release Train
One or more of the following are recommended for students to attend this course and take the PMPO certification exam:
- Leading SAFe® 4.0
- Leading SAFe® Live Lessons 4.0
- SAFe experience
News And Information
People are just nuts for digital which, based on popular usage, could be almost anything from apps to business systems. And you can see why. Digital is the reason why companies derive what just a few years ago would have been fantastic efficiencies and...
The problem with fads in business, particularly technology fads, is that they often catch us out. As CEOs we’re often left asking some tough questions while people scramble to answer us. And we’re being pressured by the board, investors, shareholders, and...
It’s tough just to stay in touch with the rapid changes sweeping through almost every sector of business today. It’s nearly impossible to be one of the unicorns, the Ubers, Spotifys, Googles and Facebooks of the world. While most customers, investors,...
Learn More About Our Training Academy
Want to find out more about our solutions and academy services and how we can help you with your digital transformation journey?