Disciplined Agile for Executives
Teams within your organization have been experimenting with agile techniques such as Scrum, continuous integration (CI), and agile testing and have shown promising results. But you have significant reservations about this new development strategy. How does modeling and documentation fit it? How do you ensure your organization’s long-term goals are still being addressed? How does this approach scale to large teams, to distributed teams, or to regulatory environments? How do you govern these agile teams effectively? In this workshop you learn how to go beyond Scrum to take a disciplined agile approach to solution delivery that provides a foundation from which to scale. To help cut through some of the agile rhetoric, industry statistics will be discussed throughout this workshop.
- Get answers to your questions about how to apply agile in practice
- Hear about how other organizations have addressed the challenges that you currently face
- Learn about the choices you have available to you so that you can adopt a strategy that works for you
- One Complimentary Certified Disciplined Agilist test attempt when written within 30 days of the course end date
- Gain first-hand knowledge about the DA process decision framework and its application from one of its co-founders
- Attendees earn the designation of Disciplined Agilist
The agenda will be tailored to meet your needs. We begin with a brief overview of the fundamentals of Disciplined Agile. Then the remainder of the workshop is run like an agile project. As a group we run through a brainstorming session where workshop participants identify questions that they want to get answered about how to pragmatically apply agile strategies in the situations that they face. We then group the questions into topics. At that point we treat the topics as requirements for the workshop which we estimate, prioritize, and work through in an agile manner. This approach enables us to tailor a workshop that addresses your most pressing concerns.
Some questions that have been asked in previous workshops:
- How do architecture practices fit in?
- How can you remain agile when you need to give a fixed estimate up front?
- How do you work in an agile manner when the team isn’t co-located?
- How do you organize large agile teams?
- How do we improve our testing strategies?
- How do we evolve from Scrum to DA?
- How does DA support DevOps?
- How do project managers/business analysts/quality professionals/… fit in?
This intermediate course is for:
- IT executives who want to learn about a disciplined approach to agile solution delivery and how to successfully adopt these practices
- Senior managers or IT professionals wanting to increase their understanding of DAD
- Executives who want to learn what to expect during an agile transformation and how they can help to ensure sustainable change