This 2-day SAFe course will explain the role of a Scrum Master and how to build high performing Agile teams.
In this two-day course, attendees will gain an understanding of the role of a Scrum Master in a SAFe enterprise. Unlike traditional Scrum Master training that focuses on the fundamentals of team-level Scrum, the SAFe Scrum Master course explores the role of the Scrum Master in the context of the entire enterprise, and prepares attendees to successfully plan and execute the Program Increment (PI), the primary enabler of alignment throughout all levels of a SAFe organization. This includes learning the key components of Agile at scale development, how Scrum is facilitated throughout the enterprise, and how to execute Iteration Planning.
Attendees will also discover how to build high performing Agile teams by becoming a servant leader and coach, and how to coach those teams to deliver the maximum business value at scale. SAFe 4 Scrum Master (SSM) certification signifies that people are prepared to perform the role of Scrum Master in a SAFe environment, increasing their value to teams and organizations that are implementing SAFe.
- After this course, you should be able to:
- Describe Scrum in a SAFe enterprise
- Facilitate Scrum events
- Facilitate effective Iteration execution
- Support effective Program Increment execution
- Support relentless improvement
- Coach Agile teams for maximum business results
- Support DevOps implementation
- Introducing Scrum in SAFe
- Characterizing the role of the Scrum Master
- Experiencing Program Increment planning
- Facilitating Iteration execution
- Finishing the Program Increment
- Coaching the Agile team
Apply for SEUs under category C, toward earning or renewing your CSP through Scrum Alliance.
SAFe® Scrum Master
New Scrum Masters who need to perform the role, Existing Scrum Masters who would like to understand their role in the context of a SAFe enterprise, Team Leads who want to understand the Scrum Master role, SAFe Release Train Engineers who want to coach Scrum Masters on their role.
Familiarity with Agile concepts and principles, Awareness of Scrum, Kanban, and eXtreme Programming (XP), Working knowledge of software and hardware development processes.