This one day workshop teaches participants how to maximize the effectiveness of business working with IT to fulfill the agile promise of early and frequent delivery of value to your customers and other stakeholders. The Disciplined Agile (DA) framework extends the Product Owner role as described in Scrum to focus on other factors critical to the success of sophisticated and large agile projects. This workshop helps Product Owners understand the breadth of their responsibilities and how to work with delivery team and other stakeholders in order to deliver successful product using the DA framework.
- How to maximize the effectiveness of business working with IT
- Understand the breadth of your responsibilities
- How to work with delivery team and other stakeholders
- How to deliver a successful product using the DA framework
- What does it mean to be a Product Owner?
- Why Product Owners?
- The responsibilities of a Product Owner
- What Product Owners are not responsible for (and why)
- Strategic and tactical responsibilities
- The Product Owner mindset
- Who do Product Owners need to work with?
- The workflow of product ownership
- Organizing your time inside and outside of the delivery team
- Product Owner skills
- Creating a product vision
- Initial requirements envisioning
- Release planning
- Product roadmapping
- Product ownership in the enterprise
- Working in a large program
- Product owner teams
- Chief Product Owners (CPOs)
- Outsourced teams
- Geographically distributed stakeholders
- Geographically distributed delivery teams
- Working in a complex domain
- Coordinating functional dependencies with other teams
- Working with Product Management
This non-technical workshop is suitable for anyone wishing to represent the business on agile projects in the role of Product Owner or other stakeholder.
Taken one of: The Disciplined Agile Experience Workshop, Introduction to Disciplined Agile Workshop, Disciplined Agile in a Nutshell Workshop OR Passed the Certified Disciplined Agilist test OR at least two years of agile software development experience.