In solving one problem, Agile has created a new bottleneck at the interface between development and operations teams, each having very different goals. DevOps has evolved as a way to bring these two teams together and accelerate the delivery of value to the users and customers. This course provides an overview of DevOps, including its history, the cultural changes required to effectively apply DevOps, and the practices that support the goals of DevOps. We explore continuous integration (CI), continuous delivery (CD), and the deployment pipeline that lies at the heart of DevOps.
- The background and mind-set of DevOps
- The key development practices of configuration management and test automation that support DevOps
- The challenges and support for managing infrastructure and databases.
- The essentials of continuous integration (CI)
- The principles and practices of continuous delivery (CD)
- The deployment pipeline and its purpose
- Introduction to DevOps
- Version Control
- Views of Quality
- Continuous integration
- Continuous delivery
- Deployment pipeline
- Infrastructure management