DISCIPLINED AGILE MASTER CLASS
Prerequisites: An appreciation of the Disciplined Agile mindset. Attendees must have taken one of the DA introductory courses. Audience: Experienced agilists wanting to increase their understanding of DA. Agile practitioners who seek Certification in Disciplined Agile.
DA 301: DISCIPLINED AGILE MASTER CLASS
You have been working on one or more agile teams, very often taking a Scrum or Kanban-based approach, and for the most part you’ve had positive experiences. But you’ve run into a few challenges along the way and you realize that others have surely figured these things out. Challenges such as: • How can database work proceed in an agile manner?
- How can an existing testing department transition to agile?
- How do you govern agile teams effectively?
- How can you support a common enterprise architecture across agile teams?
- How do you address architecture at all on agile teams?
- And many other common challenges are faced by your organization on a daily basis.
The Disciplined Agile (DA) tool-kit describes strategies to apply agile in enterprise-class settings. DA is a hybrid agile approach which combines strategies from a variety of sources – Scrum, XP, Agile Modelling, Kanban, and many others – and shows how they fit together in a pragmatic manner which reflects the realities of enterprise environments. DA provides coherent guidance for how to address many, if not all, of the challenges that you are struggling with. DA goes beyond the mainstream to take the mystery out of agile.
This workshop will be tailored to meet your needs. We begin with a brief overview of the fundamentals of Disciplined Agile (DA). Then the remainder of the workshop is run like an agile project. Workshop participants identify questions that they want to get answered about how to pragmatically apply agile strategies in the situations that they face. We then group these questions into topics. At that point we treat the topics as requirements for the workshop that we prioritize and then work through in an agile manner. This approach enables us to tailor a workshop that addresses your most pressing concerns.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Get answers to your questions about how to apply agile in practice
- Hear about how other organizations have addressed the challenges that you currently face.
- Learn about the choices you have available to you so that you can adopt a strategy that works for you
- Gain first-hand knowledge about Disciplined Agile and its application.
- Agile in practice: Hands-on exercise where we work through how agile software development works in practice from beginning to end.
- Introduction to Disciplined Agile (DA): Overview of Disciplined Agile Delivery (DAD); Disciplined DevOps; Disciplined Agile IT (DAIT); and Disciplined Agile Enterprise (DAE)
- Your topics: Workshop participants identify questions that they want to get answered about how to pragmatically apply agile strategies in the situations that they face. We then group these questions into topics. At that point we treat the topics as requirements for the workshop that we prioritize and then work through in an agile manner. This approach enables us to tailor a workshop that addresses your most pressing concerns.
Some questions that have been asked in previous workshops:
- How do architecture practices fit in?
- How can you remain agile when you need to give a fixed estimate up front?
- How do you work in an agile manner when the team isn’t co-located?
- How do you organize large agile teams?
- How do we improve our testing strategies?
- How do we evolve from Scrum to DA?
- How do we address regulatory compliance and remain agile?
- How can we get access to stakeholders?
- How can we grow effective product owners?
- How do project managers/business analysts/quality professionals/… fit in?
- Attendees earn the designation of “Disciplined Agilist”, with free first year membership and full benefits. (value US$50)
- One free Certified Disciplined Agilist test attempt written within 30 days of course completion. (value US$200)