Advanced Agile User Stories Training CourseSlicing agile user stories down to fit into sprints is a key component of agile.
Earn # IIBA CDUs and PMI PDUs
Slicing user stories down to fit into sprints is a key component of agile. The user stories are intended to be small and at the same time they should provide just enough and just in time requirements. Without the correct level of acceptance criteria, agile teams may find themselves building things fast, but not necessarily building the right things. Teams often struggle with these agile concepts and ways of identifying the necessary requirements while still adhering to lean documentation.
This class is intended for an agile team to improve their user stories relating to prioritization, estimation, splitting stories, organizing, and making sure that they are refined and ready for the development sprints. This includes breaking them down from epic to feature to stories and eliciting the acceptance criteria.
Participants should bring their initiative or epic to break down into user stories or they can use a case study provided.
In this course Business Analysts will learn to:
- Provide practical tools and techniques to ensure your User Stories meet the characteristics of INVEST
- Utilize the core component analysis approach to ensure that a cohesive set of user stories exist
- Take user stories from their raw state to refine them into a ready state
- Understand the capturing of acceptance criteria; examples and scenarios
- Identify how to triage change requests and determine where they fit in the backlog
- Review and create traceability of stories to their features and to their initiative or epic to ensure that the context of the project is defined
- Define and assign business value to prioritize and help manage minimal viable product discussions
This course is designed for product owners and management involved with agile teams who need a more in-depth understanding of the process and skill set useful for an agile team.
We recommend participants have attended our ‘Agile Analysis’ course or have equivalent agile experience or training.
News And Information
It’s tough just to stay in touch with the rapid changes sweeping through almost every sector of business today. It’s nearly impossible to be one of the unicorns, the Ubers, Spotifys, Googles and Facebooks of the world. While most customers, investors,...
We use buzzwords like digital and disruption to describe what we say is something new these days. Apps, the fourth Industrial Revolution, robotics, artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning, and the other lingo that helps create the near-mythic...
I keep hearing that Agile is ringing out the death knell of Business Analysis. Nothing could be further from the truth. I will concede that some agile teams do not need a Business Analyst. I will not accept that agile teams do not do analysis. The IIBA...
Learn More About Our Training Academy
Want to find out more about our solutions and academy services and how we can help you with your digital transformation journey?